Foothill Sanitary Landfill, located along the eastern boarder of San Joaquin County, is the largest landfill site in the County. This landfill is around 800 acres in size. Foothill Landfill was acquired by the County in 1993. Based on the current permit, Foothill Landfill is projected to be in operation until 2082.
Foothill is operated by Foothill, Inc., under contract with the County. Foothill is the destination of wastes generated at both The Tracy Delta Materials Recovery Facility, The Lovelace Transfer Station, local solid waste collectors and residents of the surrounding areas.
Average daily volume is 952 tons; 296,219 tons were delivered to Foothill in 2020. Foothill diverted 3,511 tons of material from disposal in 2020.
San Joaquin County's other facilities include the North County Recycling Center and Sanitary Landfill, Lovelace Materials Recovery Facility and Transfer Station and the San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Consolidation Facility.
Dumping on private or public areas is illegal and punishable by fines and jail time. Report illegal dumping to (209) 468-4400.
- Agricultural waste
- Cabover campers (remove all thermostats and appliances)
- Camper Shells
- Camper trailers less than 25 feet in length (remove thermostats and appliances, dismantle the camper trailer into small sections, and bring a Junk Slip from DMV).
- Commercial and household waste
- Construction/demolition waste
- Tires (mounted or unmounted)
- White goods such as refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units
- Burned waste
- Cannery waste
- Dead animals
- Five-gallon (or larger) drums
- Hazardous or infectious waste
- large dead animals
- Large loads of soil or gravel
- Liquid waste
- Mobile homes
- RVs; camper trailers that are NOT dismantled into small sections
- Septic tank waste
- Toxic materials
Tarping Requirements: All loads must be properly covered or tarped so that flying debris is avoided. Loads not properly covered or tarped will be charged a DOUBLE disposal fee.
San Joaquin Sanitary Landfills and Recycling Facilities - Information and Rates Brochure
Vertederos Sanitarios Del Condado De San Joaquín E Instalaciones De Reciclaje - Información Y Tarifas