What is the process of adopting a polling place? Organizations or groups of citizens can adopt (or manage) a polling place for San Joaquin County Elections. You or your organization will take on the responsibility of supervising a polling place on election day. Our office will provide all the necessary materials and training. There is a minimum requirement of 5 workers per polling place, but some locations are larger and require 10 or more workers to manage a busy day.
By adopting a polling place, you can generate funds that can be contributed to your organization, church, or school.
Other advantages include:
- Your organization can prominently display its name outside the polling place.
- Your group will be featured on the County website as a community partner and acknowledged during a County Board of Supervisors meeting.
- Your team will receive Election Officer Swag on the day of the election.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Complete the required training program.
- Be available to serve the entire day on Election Day.
Are you interested? Please complete the form below.
Generate funds by Adopting a Polling Place