Locating Absent Parents

To obtain or enforce an order, we must know where the noncustodial parent (NCP) lives and works. The custodial party (CP) can help locate the noncustodial parent (NCP) by providing the Child Support Services Department with as much information as possible. This will speed up the child support process.

We use key information provided by the custodial party (CP), such as the noncustodial parent's (NCP) full name, social security number, and date of birth, to search databases maintained by the following agencies: Department of Motor Vehicles, Employment Development Department, Franchise Tax Board, California and Federal Parent Locator Services, social services agencies, credit reporting agencies, and law enforcement agencies.