Claim for Refund / Correction of Taxes
Examples of requests that the Tax Collector will deny
There are no provisions in State law permitting Treasurer-Tax Collector to waive penalties in the examples below. Requests to waive penalties for the reasons below will be denied:
- I did not receive a tax bill (RTC 2610.5, 2610.6, 2910.1).
- I thought my mortgage company was going to pay.
- My bank did not make the payment until after the deadline.
- I have paid on time in the past for many years and think I should not be penalized this time.
- Payment arrived after delinquent date with no postmark from US Postal Service (RTC 2512).
- I cannot afford tax payment.
- I am new homeowner and I did not know I owed taxes.
If you are unable to submit a from digitally you can fill out a paper form and either mail it or return it to our office in person.
44 N. San Joaquin St. Suite 150
Stockton, CA 95202