Community Development Department
Protects the public health and safety by regulating new building construction, inspecting existing buildings, and administering the California Fire Code.
Reviews and regulates all new development projects and assists the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors in the areas of comprehensive planning and community development.
Administers the County's U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Grant programs and other state and federal grant programs.
Assisting the Board of Supervisors and the Planning Commission to provide the means of attaining an environment that protects the health, safety and welfare of the citizens; make the most judicious use of the county's resources; reflect the public's values; and be consistent with the individual community's values.
The following counters are now open:
- Community Development Department - Planning
- Community Development Department - Building
- Community Development Department - Code Enforcement
- Public Works - Permitting
- Public Works - General Information
- We are limiting the maximum number of people in the lobby.
- All visitors must check in with the Care Officer.
- All visitors must maintain six foot minimum social distancing.
- In an effort to limit the number of people in the lobby, you are encouraged to utilize email or electronic submittals to the extent possible. Additionally, you can utilize the drop box outside for submittals or drop-offs. The drop box is emptied twice per day.
- For the safety of the staff and public, we encourage everyone to wear masks while in the building.