San Joaquin County Office of Emergency Services strives for a safe, prepared, and resilient whole community; with the capacity to manage existing hazards and impending disasters.
The mission of the Office of Emergency Services (OES) is to minimize or reduce injury, loss of life, environmental and property damage from emergencies within San Joaquin County. OES is the key disaster preparedness office of the County, and has direct responsibility to support and coordinate the efforts of County departments carrying out their functions in the field. To ensure a coordinated response to their disaster needs, OES also provides disaster information, logistical support, facilitates mutual aid requests, and facilitates inter-jurisdictional coordination with agencies from 7 cities, 120 special districts, and locally-based State and Federal agencies.
At OES, we hold the following values as we focus on our mission, in order to achieve our vision:
- Dependable - We can be counted to provide dependable, timely, competent services to our customers.
- Trustworthy - Our customers trust us to communicate and provide services in a trustworthy manner.
- Quality - Our customers value our high quality individual and team performance.
- Collaborative – We are known for developing and sustaining collaborative partnerships with our customers.
- Excellence - We are valued for delivering excellence in performance and work output.