ZOO TO YOU OUTREACH PROGRAM
and the C.A. Webster Foundation
Thank you for your interest in the
Zoo to You Outreach Program offered by
the Micke Grove Zoological Society's Education Department.
This program was launched in 2013 as an initiative to connect
underserved students attending Title 1 schools in San Joaquin County
with nature as well as to improce science literacy countywide.
For applications or should you have questions, please contact the
Education Department at (209) 331-2138 or at [email@example.com].
If approved and accepted, there will be
no fee to the receiving school.
· The Zoo to You Outreach Program is only available on set program dates. Upon acceptance, you will be contact for program date options.
· We will present no less than 3 programs in one day to a single school location.
· We reserve the right to restrict the number of programs provided to each school or school district. Each class may only apply once per school year.
· Scholarship funds for the Zoo to You Outreach Programs are available to the Title 1 Elementary Schools in San Joaquin County. This program is not available for pre-schools, high schools, middle schools or private schools.
· Programs are designed to fit the California state science standards and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and STEM frameworks for each grade level.
HOW TO APPLY - Faxed or e-mailed applications are not accepted.
1. Fully complete and submit the Zoo to You Outreach Program Scholarship Application available in the section below (pages 2-3).
2. Have all teachers applying for a program within the same school complete the pre-survey. Each teacher listed on your application must agree to complete all stages of the requirements.
3. All teachers must agree to complete our pre-survey, post-visit materials and post-survey. We thank you for completing these tasks.
Pre-program survey results must be received before the program is
presented. Post-program materials and post-surveys must be
completed and submitted within one (1) week of the presentation.
Survey results may be mailed; e-mailed; dropped off or faxed.
The Micke Grove
Zoo Education Department
11793 N. Micke
11793 N. Micke
Lodi, CA 95240
[OR] fax to (209) 331-7271.