Home   |   Search   |   Departments            
The Official Site of San Joaquin County Government Mental Health Services

Behavioral Health Services
Mental Health Services
Main Page

skip repetetive navigational links to main content  BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIRECTOR
    Francis Hutchins Interim Director
    1212 N. California St.
    Stockton CA 95202
    (209) 468-8750 Phone
    (209) 468-2399 Fax


    Words of Comfort
    Contact us
    Department of Psychiatry
    Behavioral Health Board
    Job Openings
    Suggestions and Grievances
    Consumer Rights
    Consumer Support Warm-Line
    Other Resources
    Notice of Privacy Practices
    Online Forms
    Resources/Document Center

    Older Adult
    Children and Youth
    Crisis Intervention
    Transcultural Clinic
    Prevention Services

    Psychiatric Health Facility
    Patient Rights

  Yahoo! map of our Office


Click here to get adobe acrobat Click here to test a URL for ADA compliance.


Mental Health Services

black divider

Suggestions and Grievances

Suggestion, Comment or Compliment Form

Picture of the Suggestion / grievance application form. Click on a language link below to download the application in PDF format.

English (PDF) Spanish (PDF) Cambodian

Grievance Procedures


What if something bothers me?

It is our intention to provide you with the kind of mental health service that will help you regain control of your life.

Let the people where you receive service know if you are not satisfied with the way you are treated. You and the people helping you may be able solve problems quickly and simply.

Back to Top of Page


Where should I start if I want to file a suggestion or grievance?

We want you to feel free to start with the Grievance Procedure that feels most comfortable to you.

  • This is because we know that sometimes you may not agree with the quick, simple solution.

  • We also know that sometimes you may not feel comfortable telling your grievance to the person you want to complain about.

Back to Top of Page

Advocates Help with Services

If Immediate help is needed, please call one of the people listed below:

Consumer Support Warm Line
(209) 468-3585

Patient's Rights Advocate (all ages)
Phone: (209) 468-8676
Fax: (209) 468-2399

A representative with the responsibility of assuring all clients their rights. This individual intervenes for the client in both informal and formal disputes and assists with grievances.

Family Advocate
(209) 468-401-6087

 A representative with the responsibility of assuring all clients their rights. This individual intervenes for the client in both informal and formal disputes and assists with grievances.

Consumer Outreach Coordinator and Consumer Advisory Council (CAC)
(209) 468-3498

Parent Partners (Children and Youth Services)
(209) 468-2241 or
(209) 468-3690

Southeast Asian Languages (Cambodian, Hmong, Khmu, Laotion, and Vietnamese languages)
(209) 953-8843

Problem Resolution Line
(209) 468-9393 in Stockton
(866) 468-9393 outside of Stockton  

Back to Top of Page


How do I file a grievance?

There are many ways to file a grievance:

  • You can act on your own behalf.

  • You can ask another person such as a good friend or a helpful relative to act for you.

  • You can contact one of the Advocates listed in the "Helpers" list above.

  • 1)  Click here to download the Suggestion, Comment or Compliment form,  2) Fill out the form, 3) Drop the form in a suggestion box or mail it.

  • If you have Medi-Cal, you can file for a State Fair Hearing

    State Hearings Division
    California Department of Social Services
    PO Box 944243, Mail Station 19-37
    Sacramento, CA 94244-2430
    Phone: 1-800-952-5253
    TDD: 1-800-952-8349

Back to Top of Page


Who can use the grievance procedures?

All clients have a right to express dissatisfaction. If unable to resolve problems on their own, clients may use the grievance or appeal procedures.

Back to Top of Page


What happens to me for filing a grievance or appeal?

Your service provider will try to make the changes you are requesting. You will not be discriminated against or penalized in any way for filing grievances or appeals.

Back to Top of Page


Are grievances/appeals confidential?

Resolving your grievance/appeals quickly is important to us. The investigation of your grievances or appeals will be handled with your privacy in mind.

Back to Top of Page

Back to top | Contact Us | Site Index | Get Adobe Reader |
Conditions of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright  2010 San Joaquin County