As an eligible employee of San Joaquin County, you have a wide variety of benefits available to you and your eligible dependents. The comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Flexible spending account options for dependent care and unreimbursed health care expenses
- A deferred compensation program
- An employee assistance program
- Other voluntary products such as; short term disability insurance
For more details, view the Employee Benefits Summary, which will provide you with valuable information on your employee benefits and how coverage is provided to you and your dependents.
In order to be enrolled in any of the above benefit options, you must attend a New Employee Benefits Orientation session, unless enrollment is during Open Enrollment or a Qualifying Event. New Employee Benefits Orientation Sessions are conducted by the Benefits Unit of the Human Resources Division. They are offered every Monday of payday week at 9:00 A.M. in the Administration Building, 44 N. San Joaquin St. Conference Room 146. Ask your supervisor to sign you up for a session. Benefits Orientation is mandatory for all new employees.
If you have any questions regarding the County's benefits, please contact the Benefits staff at 468-9987 or e-mail at
2016 - 17 Open Enrollment Information