Skip Navigation LinksHome > How can we serve you today? > I want to get aid or public assistance

I want to get aid or public assistance...

I would like more information about CalFresh

The CalFresh Program is a federal program that helps low-income people buy the food they need for good health and nutrition. For most households, CalFresh benefits are only part of their food budget; they must spend some of their own cash along with their CalFresh benefits in order to buy enough food for the month.

Am I Eligible?

An on-line tool is available to help you estimate your eligibility for CalFresh. You will see that the on-line tool refers to SNAP, the new Federal name for CalFresh.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Pre-Screening Eligibility Tool

Find more information and links to applications at the Human Services Agency CalFresh Site

I would like more information about Medi-Cal

The Medi-Cal Program staff determine eligibility for low-income persons in need of medical care. Benefits to eligible persons include: treatment by health care professionals; in-patient and out-patient hospital care; convalescent home care; prescription drugs; dental care; and prosthetic devices.

Am I Eligible?

Persons may be eligible if they are disabled, pregnant, under 21 years of age or 65 and older, in a skilled nursing care facility, or are part of a low-income family with dependent children.

Find more information and Links to applications please visit the Human Services Agency Medi-Cal Site.

Where do I find Children's Services?

In an effort to assure that San Joaquin County's children experience a safe, healthy, and nurturing family environment the Children's Services Division works to:

  • Protect and care for children who have been abused or neglected.
  • Strengthen and preserve families whose children are in danger of abuse or neglect.
  • Find permanent homes for children who cannot be returned to their families.
  • Support the work of foster parents and other substitute caregivers.
  • Provide leadership in planning, collaborating and integrating culturally-appropriate services for children and families.

For questions regarding a Child Protection Services case or to contact a Social Worker please call (209) 468-1330.

Human Services Children's Services Site

Where do I find Aging and Community Services?

The San Joaquin County Aging and Community Services provide numerous services and information for caregivers, service providers, and seniors. Whether you're a family member, friend, or paid professional, we hope you'll find this information helpful as you assist the seniors and people with disabilities of our community.

Human Services Agency Aging & Community Services Site

Where do I find Veterans Services?

In an Advocacy Role, the Appointed Veterans Service Officer shall assist every peace or war-time veteran, and the dependents of every deceased veteran in presenting and pursuing any claim the veteran may have against the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and in establishing the veteran's right to any privilege, preference, care or compensation provided by the laws of the United States or the State of California.

Courtesy, respect and sensitivity will be afforded to every veteran and eligible dependent who desires to pursue claims for disability, pension, compensation, education, and medical care, to include death benefits such as burial allowances, widow's pensions, dependency and indemnity compensation, and the dependent allowances.

Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
To make and appointment please call (209) 468-2916

Veterans' Services Site

Phone: (209) 468-1104


102 South San Joaquin Street
Stockton, CA 95202

Phone: (209) 468-1333

Child Protective Services investigates reports of abuse or neglect of children. Reports can be made any time, day or night, 7 days a week.

Phone: (209) 468-1000

333 E. Washington Street
Stockton, CA 95202

Phone: (209) 468-2916

105 South San Joaquin Street, First Floor
Stockton, CA 95202