- Active Threat Information
- Certification & Accreditation
- Education & Training
- Emergency Preparedness
- EMS Transportation
- Fee Schedule
- Providers & Hospitals
- Quality Improvement
- Region IV Medical/Health Mutual Aid System
- Upcoming Trainings & Events
If you have comments or feedback on our web site, we want to hear from you!
Submit feedback >>
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- EMT & Paramedic Training Programs
- EMT Optional Skills Training
- Continuing Education Providers
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Emergency Preparedness Training
- Minimally Interrupted Cardiac Resuscitation (MICR) Video
- Ham Radio "Just-In-Time" Training Resources
- WebEOC Training Resources
Click here to view the one-hour presentation and take the post quiz (10 questions) to receive credit for one hour of non-instructor based CE, provided by EMS CE provider number 39-0001. You must answer all questions correctly. If you do not successfully pass with 100%, you may re-take the post quiz.
The video is a lecture presentation by Dr. Daniel Spaite, MD, FACEP, Professor and Distinguished Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Arizona. The presentation provides the background necessary to understand the scientific rationale for the adoption of minimally interrupted cardiac resuscitation (MICR) in San Joaquin County. All authorized prehospital care providers in San Joaquin County are encouraged to view this presentation prior to receiving additional training on this subject.
View a video that provides more on the history of MICR development, the scientific rationale, and a "Pit Crew" demonstration, click here.
X-CollarTM online training center: https://www.xcollar.com/login/ . Create a user name and password to get started.
Additional training resources are available from X-CollarTM online at: http://trainingcenter.xcollar.com/instructor_resources
X-CollarTM training videos:
X-CollarTM training documents:
- Trainer Tips
- Study and Manipulative Training Guide
- Instructor Guide Script
- X-Collar Removal and Assessing C-Spine Reference Chart