If you have comments or feedback on our new web site, we want to hear from you!
Submit feedback >>
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENTOn this page:
Overview | Performance Indicators | Provider Reporting Requirements | Provider Reporting Forms
CQI Council Meetings | CQI Reports | CQI Resources | CQI Forms | CQI Policies
The goal of the San Joaquin County Emergency Medical Services Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program is to establish a system wide process for evaluating and improving the quality of prehospital care in San Joaquin County.
Based on EMS community collaboration and a shared commitment to excellence, CQI reveals potential areas for improvement of the EMS System, identifies training opportunities, highlights outstanding clinical performance, audits compliance with treatment protocols, and reviews specific illnesses or injuries along with their associated treatments. These efforts contribute to the continued success of our emergency medical services through a systematic process of review, analysis and improvement.
CQI WORKPLAN TEMPLATE WITH PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
The San Joaquin County EMS System CQI Workplan Template with Performance Indicators were adopted by the CQI Council in early 2015. To review the CQI Workplan Template with Performance Indicators click here.
CQI ALS PROVIDER AND BASE HOSPITAL REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
For a description of monthly and quarterly report requirements and due dates, click here.
CQI PROGRAM MONTHLY REPORTING FORMS
- Monthly SJCEMSA Advanced Airway Report Form (Excel)
- Receiving Hospital Indicators (Word)
- Key Program Indicators (KPI) Quarterly Report (Excel)
CQI COUNCIL MEETINGS
The CQI Council meets the second Thursday of the month at 1300 hrs. All meetings are held in the EMS Classroom, 500 W. Hospital Road, French Camp, CA 95231, unless otherwise indicated below. Click here for a printable CQI Council meeting schedule.
The CQI Council membership consists of the following quality improvement liaison personnel:
- EMS Medical Director
- EMS Trauma Coordinator
- EMS Prehospital Care Coordinator
- Base Hospital Medical Director
- Base Hospital Liaison Nurse
- Receiving Hospital Liaison - (chosen by the receiving hospital nurse liaisons)
- One representative from each of the authorized advanced life support (ALS) emergency ambulance providers and first response agencies operating in San Joaquin County
- One representative from the County's designated EMS dispatch center.
|January 14, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|February 11, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|March 10, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|April 14, 2016||Cancelled|
May 12, 2016
|June 9, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|July 14, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|August 11, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|September 8, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|October 13, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|November 10, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
|December 8, 2016||1 - 3 p.m.||Case Reviews||EMS Classroom|
Note: Occasionally ad hoc CQI meetings are scheduled with specific providers to address unusual occurrences, incidents, or performance issues. Prior to attending any CQI meeting, participants must sign an Acknowledgement of CQI Confidentiality form. If you have any questions please contact the EMS Office at (209) 468-6818.
- Continuous Quality Improvement Report, EMS System Hospital Diversion, 2007
- Continuous Quality Improvement Report, EMS System Advanced Airway, 2007
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Survey, Summary of Findings
- Authority for EMS Quality Improvement
- Emergency Medical Services System Quality Improvement Program Model Guidelines
- Leadership Guide to Quality Improvement for Emergency Medical Services Systems
- National EMS Research Agenda
- EMS Policy No. 6620, Continuous Quality Improvement Process
- EMS Policy No. 6630, Continuous Quality Improvement Council
- EMS Policy No. 6680, Research Studies