If you have comments or feedback on our web site, we want to hear from you!
Submit feedback >>
LINKSOn this page:
General Links | Continuing Education Links | Hazmat References for the Management of Contaminated Patients
Emergency Preparedness Links | Wall Time
- California Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA)
- Emergency Nurses Association
- FEMA Independent Study - NIMS Training
- Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- NHTSA EMS
- San Joaquin County Office of Emergency Services
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
CONTINUING EDUCATION LINKS
HAZ MAT REFERENCES FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF CONTAMINATED PATIENTS
Click here for a list of hazardous materials references.
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS LINKS
Incident Management Systems (NIMS, SEMS, ICS, and HICS)Hospital Incident Command System (HICS)
The Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) is an incident management system based upon the Incident Command System (ICS), which assists hospitals in improving their emergency management planning, response, and recovery capabilities for unplanned and planned events. HICS is consistent with ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS) principles. HICS will strengthen hospital disaster preparedness activities in conjunction with community response agencies and allow hospitals to understand and assist in implementing the 17 Elements of the hospital-based NIMS guidelines.
The HICS Guidebook, Job Action Sheets, Forms, etc. are available from the California Emergency Medical Services Authority web site.
- HICS 2014 Guidebook
- HICS Forms
- HICS Job Action Sheets
- Incident Planning Guide
- Incident Response Guide
- Center for HICS Education and Training
- FEMA National Incident Management System Web Site
- National Integration Center (NIC) Web Site
- NIMS Implementation Activities for Hospitals and Healthcare System (PDF)
- NIMS Compliance Tracking Form for Hospitals and Clinics (MS Word)
- National Incident Management System Online Training
- Hospital NIMS/ICS Training Curriculum from the California Hospital Association
- FEMA ICS Resource Center
- ICS Planning Cycle Playlist to view all or each individual video may be accessed below.
California Department of Transportation
Hospital Wall Time
Toolkit to Reduce Ambulance Patient Offload Delays in the Emergency Department (PDF document)
This document includes key materials for successful, sustainable process improvement. It is divided into sections and can be used from start to finish, or used as needed by groups who seek assistance in certain areas, such as how to set up a continuous quality improvement group or how ambulance patient offload delay is defined. The toolkit is intended for all providers, most importantly for those who are actively involved in assuring quality and patient safety in transition from ambulance to hospital personnel.