- Certification & Accreditation
- Education & Training
- Upcoming Trainings & Events
- EMS Transportation
- Providers & Hospitals
- Stroke Center Application
- Fee Schedule
- Quality Improvement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Active Threat Information
- Region IV Medical/Health Mutual Aid System
If you have comments or feedback on our new web site, we want to hear from you!
Submit feedback >>
PARAMEDIC STUDENT FIELD INTERN AUTHORIZATION & RE-AUTHORIZATIONOn this page:
How Do I Become Authorized? | Application Forms & Fees | Authorization Policy | PAO Schedule & Registration
Effective January 1, 2011, all paramedics intern's in San Joaquin County must be authorized by San Joaquin County EMS Agency.
HOW DO I BECOME AUTHORIZED?
- Be in good standing in an approved paramedic program.
- Present evidence that the intern has completed all didactic and clinical requirements prior to beginning their internship.
- Submit a completed Paramedic Intern Application.
- Submit a copy of a current valid California EMT certification card.
- A copy (front and back) of your current CPR card for the Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider issued from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross, or another program approved by the EMS Agency.
- Submit a copy of valid state identification card (i.e., driver's license) or valid federal identification (i.e., military identification).
- Attend an orientation and successfully pass with a score of 80% or higher on a closed book examination of the San Joaquin County ALS Policies.
APPLICATION FORMS AND FEES
Application and Related Forms
Fees: All fees are non-refundable.
|Application Fee:||$80.00 (effective July 1, 2017)|
|Replacement Card:||$25.00 (effective July 1, 2012)|
Personal checks are not accepted. Acceptable payment methods are cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or money order. We strongly discourage sending cash by mail.
PARAMEDIC INTERN POLICY
View the Paramedic Intern Policy >>
ACCREDITATION ORIENTATION (PAO) SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
Course prerequisites: Minimally Interrupted Cardiac Resuscitation (MICR) video and X- Collar™. Click here to access courses.
You must be pre-registered to attend. Click here to view schedule and register. This course is only open to paramedics applying for initial accreditation and paramedic field internships. Currently accredited SJC paramedics will only be permitted to attend with prior approval from Christine Tualla, email@example.com
PAO Study Guide - New
An interactive study guide is available. Click here for more information.