- Certification & Accreditation
- Education & Training
- Upcoming Trainings & Events
- EMS Transportation
- Providers & Hospitals
- Fee Schedule
- Quality Improvement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Active Threat Information
- Region IV Medical/Health Mutual Aid System
If you have comments or feedback on our web site, we want to hear from you!
Submit feedback >>
PARAMEDIC STUDENT FIELD INTERN AUTHORIZATION & RE-AUTHORIZATIONOn this page:
How Do I Become Authorized? | Application Forms & Fees | Authorization Policy | PAO Schedule & Registration
Effective January 1, 2011, all paramedics intern's in San Joaquin County must be authorized by San Joaquin County EMS Agency.
HOW DO I BECOME AUTHORIZED?
- Be in good standing in an approved paramedic program.
- Present evidence that the intern has completed all didactic and clinical requirements prior to beginning their internship.
- Submit a completed Paramedic Intern Application.
- Submit a copy of a current valid California EMT certification card.
- A copy (front and back) of your current CPR card for the Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider issued from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross, or another program approved by the EMS Agency.
- Submit a copy of valid state identification card (i.e., driver's license) or valid federal identification (i.e., military identification).
- Attend an orientation and successfully pass with a score of 80% or higher on a closed book examination of the San Joaquin County ALS Policies.
APPLICATION FORMS AND FEES
Application and Related Forms
During the COVID-19 pandemic: All EMS personnel who must submit an initial or renewal personnel application are encouraged to submit their applications via mail. You may send the applications to PO Box 220, French Camp, CA 95231. No visitors will be allowed. Personnel wishing to submit an application in person will need to make an appointment prior to arrival by calling 209-468-6818 effective immediately.
Fees: All fees are non-refundable.
|Application Fee:||$83.00 (effective July 1, 2020)|
|Replacement Card:||$26.00 (effective July 1, 2020)|
Personal checks are not accepted. Acceptable payment methods are cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or money order. We strongly discourage sending cash by mail.
PARAMEDIC INTERN POLICY
View the Paramedic Intern Policy >>
ACCREDITATION ORIENTATION (PAO) SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
Course prerequisites: Minimally Interrupted Cardiac Resuscitation (MICR) video and X- Collar™. Click here to access courses.
You must be pre-registered to attend. Click here to view schedule and register. This course is only open to paramedics applying for initial accreditation and paramedic field internships. Currently accredited SJC paramedics will only be permitted to attend with prior approval from Christine Tualla, firstname.lastname@example.org