The EEO Office's specific duties and responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- EEO Plan development, implementation and monitoring.
- Training and development of County employees in the areas of EEO, cultural diversity, discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Conducting internal Rule 20 investigations on discrimination and sexual harassment and preparing detailed reports of findings and recommendations.
- EEO policy development and implementation.
- EEO budget development.
- Facilitating Countywide annual diversity luncheon.
- Monitoring developments and legislation related to EEO.
- Providing assistance to managers, supervisors, employees and Department EEO Coordinators on EEO-related matters.
- Developing informational materials such as pamphlets, brochures and other materials pertaining to EEO.