February 03, 2020CONTACT:
Angela Hayes, PIO, Deputy District AttorneyT
(209) 468-2400 | E email@example.com
Child Molester William Valverde Sentenced to 135 Years to Life in Prison for Sex Acts with Children
Stockton - Today, District Attorney Tori Verber Salazar announced that on Monday, February 3, 2020, the Honorable Richard Mallett sentenced William Rene Valverde, 42, to 135 years to life in state prison for 9 counts of sex crimes against two separate children, ages 9 and 11, including oral copulation and lewd and lascivious acts.
"Sexual crimes against children are the most reprehensible types of conduct that this office prosecutes. The emotional toll on the victims, their families, and our prosecutors is profound," said District Attorney Verber Salazar. "This defendant will never again harm a minor child and for that we can be grateful. We hope the survivors of his monstrous crimes and their families can find some measure of relief in the sentence imposed and will be able to work on the healing process."
According to court records, over a period of months in 2010, Mr. Valverde repeatedly molested the 11-year-old daughter of his girlfriend. The victim reported the molestation to Children's Protection Services that same year. In 2016 and 2017, Valverde continually molested his 9-year-old daughter, who came forward and reported the abuse in 2018. Both victims testified at trial and established that the defendant committed similar sexual conduct, including the use of threats to coerce them into submission.
On December 18, 2019, a San Joaquin County jury convicted the defendant of 10 separate counts. The Honorable Judge Mallett who presided over the jury trial, subsequently handed down the following sentence:
- Counts 1 - 3, Oral Copulation: Victim Under 10 Years Of Age Felony (P.C. §288.7(B)): 15 years to life in prison on each count;
- Count 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10, Lewd Or Lascivious Acts W/ Child Under 14 Year Felony (P.C. §288(A)): 15 years to life in state prison on each count;
- Count 8, Dissuading A Witness By Force Or Threat (P.C. §136.1(C)(1)): 4 years in state prison;
- Count 12, Lewd and Lascivious Acts With Child Under 14 W/ Force (P.C. 288(B)(1)): 15 years in state prison.
All of the counts are to run consecutively to one another for an aggregate over 135 years to life in state prison.
District Attorney Verber Salazar appreciates all of the hard work by Deputy District Attorney Theresa Stroud, who successfully prosecuted this case and will continue to fight for the good people of San Joaquin County.