District Attorney - San Joaquin County

District Attorney

222 E. Weber Avenue
Second Floor, Room 202
Stockton, CA 95202
Phone: (209) 468-2400
Fax: (209) 465-0371

Visit us on Facebook!

Visit Us on YouTube!

Looking for information
about your Case?
for the Superior
Court search page.

Check out more consumer
information at:

San Joaquin County


California Victim Compensation Program (CalVCP)

Victims of crime often have emotional, financial or physical losses. The California Victim Compensation Program is a reimbursement program to assist victims in paying bills and expenses that result from certain violent crimes. The CalVCP qualifying crimes include:


  • Domestic Violence
  • Child Abuse
  • Assault
  • Sexual Assault
  • Robbery
  • Homicide
  • Molestation
  • Drunk Driving
  • Vehicular Manslaughter


*Benefits are also available to “derivative” victims 


General Eligibility Requirements:

  • Documentation that a crime has occurred
  • Claimant cannot, at any time, be a contributor to or involved in the commission of the crime
  • An application is filed within three years from the date of crime, or an explanation is provided as to why it was not filed on time
  • Claimant is cooperating with law enforcement agencies in the apprehension and conviction of the criminal(s) who committed the crime
  • Claimant cannot be on felony probation, on parole, in jail or in Prison

Covered Expenses by CalVCP:

  • Medical/Dental treatment
  • Mental health services
  • Income loss
  • Relocation
  • Home/Vehicle modifications
  • Home security
  • Crime scene cleanup
  • Job retraining
  • Funeral & burial expenses
  • Relocation

Loss of support (for dependents when a victim is killed or disabled because of a crime)
*There are limits on how much can be paid for each loss. 


How to Apply:

For assistance with CalVCP applications, you may contact the SJC Victim Witness Program  at (209)468-2500 to schedule an appointment.  Another option is to log on to  http://www.calvcp.ca.gov to fill out and submit an application, or call 1-800-777-9229 to request an application by phone.