How to Make a Child Support Payment
You have several options when making a payment on your child support case:
- Pay Online: Electronic payments can be made online using your Visa card, MasterCard, checking account or savings account through the State Disbursement Unit
- Pay by Phone: Call 1 (866) 901-3212 (option 1). Electronic payments can be made using your Visa card, MasterCard, checking account or savings account by automatic withdrawal, credit card or check.
- Pay by Mail: If your case is managed by a Local Child Support Agency, you can mail a check or money order to:
CA State Disbursement Unit
PO Box 989067
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9067
- If your case is a private case that is not managed by a Local Child Support Agency, call 1 (866) 901-3212 for assistance with making payments by mail.
- Pay by Mobile App: Available for Android and iPhone, the CAChildSup mobile app lets you make electronic payments using your smartphone. Download the free CAChildSup app.
- Pay in Person
- Use MoneyGram. Find a location at www.moneygram.com or call 1 (800) 926-9400. You will need your child support Participant ID number and Receive Code 14630 for California child support payments. MoneyGram charges a $1.99 fee.
Notice: It may take several days for your payment to be posted to your child support account.
- Pay at a local child support office that accepts payments at the counter or at a kiosk. To find out which locations accept in-office payments, contact those nearest to you by calling 1 (866) 901-3212. Office addresses are available online at www.childsup.ca.gov/offices.
- Our office does accept payments. We are located at:
826 N. California St,
Stockton CA 95202
Receive a payment
You have several options when receiving a child support payment:
By enrolling in direct deposit, your payment is automatically deposited into your checking or savings account. You may enroll in direct deposit by contacting the SDU at 1 (866) 901-3212 or by enrolling on-line.
Electronic Payment Card (EPC)
An EPC card is a MasterCard card. When a payment is received and processed, it is applied to the EPC card. You may enroll to receive an EPC card by contacting the SDU at 1 (866) 901-3212 or by enrolling on-line.
Standard Bank Check
Receive checks in the mail to your address on file with the Department of Child Support Services. The checks will be mailed by the State Disbursement unit. If the non-custodial parent has made a payment but you did not receive a check, please contact us to ensure your correct address is on file. If the address on file is not accurate, you can update it by contacting us at 1 (866) 901-3212 or log into our self- serve Customer Connect website.
Check payment status by visiting the CA State Child Support Customer Connect website Customer Connect website.
Please feel free to contact your caseworker at 1 (866) 901-3212 for further assistance.