skip repetetive navigational links to main content  
Child Support Main Page


    Lori A. Cruz
    826 N. California St.
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (866) 901-3212 Phone
    (209) 468-2577 Fax


    Contact us
    Child Support

    Employer Handbook
    and Employer FAQ

    Glossary of Terms


    State Disbursement Unit
    Payment Processing
    New Payment Choices

    Customer Connect
    California DCSS
    DCSS Performance

    Other Links

    Support Services
    Apply For Services
    Locate a Parent
    Establish Paternity
    Child Support Calculator
    Support Enforcement
    Health Insurance

    Compromise of Arrears
    Program (COAP)

    Paternity Opportunity
    Program (POP)

    Declaration of Paternity
    Complaint Resolution
    Ombudsman Program



If you have an open case with a local child support agency (LCSA) - you have rights and responsibilities regarding the services you receive through the LCSA. If you're not satisfied with the assistance you're receiving from the LCSA you have the right to file a complaint through the Complaint Resolution Program. For more information about the Complaint Resolution Process, please click here.

The party who has/had custody or the parent who does not have custody may file a complaint if there is a case open with the Department of Child Support Services.

Talk to the Ombudsperson!

If you need help with a problem, ask to speak with the LCSA Ombudsperson- it is his or her job to:

  • Help you get child support services
  • Explain your rights and responsibilities
  • Help you resolve problems with your case
  • Explain the complaint process before, during, and after a complaint is filed
  • Help you request and prepare for a state hearing if you are not satisfied with the results of the complaint resolution process

San Joaquin County Child Support Services Ombudsperson Telephone Number: (209) 468-2578


© San Joaquin County 2003